Re: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-crocker-email-arch-06.txt]

2007-03-11 10:35:48

Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:

Who needs a description of the old and known to be broken architecture ?

Those of us who STILL haven't moved to IM-2000 (or any other new and
improved architecture).

About a year ago I've removed many "IM-2000" links from SMTP-related
Wikipedia articles because I considered them as at best "off topic".

You almost certinly don't need an overview of the 2821-architecture
ignoring "minor" issues like spam, but you might need an overview of
the real architecture (where talking about SIEVE is IMO a good idea,
and where OTOH mentioning "MX" only once might be not good enough to
state how "if in doubt reject" ideally works).

Frank