Re: email-arch: bounce vs... return?

2007-10-17 11:15:31

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007, Tony Finch wrote:

What is special about the return path is that it's the only address to which
bounces may be sent, and it isn't used for other kinds of response.

Arnt points out that I should have said "it's only used for auto-
"message with a null return path", which is not very accurate since not
all bounces have null return paths (despite what 2821 says) and not all
messages with null return paths are bounces (though they SHOULD all be
auto-replies).

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: NORTHERLY 5 AT FIRST IN EAST, OTHERWISE SOUTHEASTERLY 4 OR