Re: Server Enforcement of Time Blocks (wait=)

2011-10-29 02:50:19
On 2011-10-28 23:33:09 -0400, Hector Santos wrote:
But I am sure there would be a concern with a no enforcement model in
the open market since the tendency will be "why bother?" Even within the
Honor System, good intention clients who feel they must get a message
delivered, or simply has no incentive to bother with code changes, will
cross their fingers and just retry again. After all, the new please
"wait=" idea is for the *other guy" and not them.

For good guys the reason to bother is that they will usually get the
mail through *faster*, because the wait time announced by the server is
*less* than their usual retry time.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Web 2.0 könnte man also auch übersetzen als
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | "Netz der kleinen Geister".