Re: SMTP traffic control

2011-10-28 19:37:30

Hector Santos wrote:
Unfortunately, the dominant conversation seems to be around an SMTP response that only applies to greylisting. I'd never use that or support it, it's such a teeny-tiny corner case, especially in the B-to-B world where I live.

Does this suggests that your B2B market is oblivious to the outside world remote server behaviors employing 4yz temporary rejections?

They're highly conscious of 4xx temporary rejections associated with resource exhaustion and down systems. But in 20 years of supporting B-to-B E-mail, I can only remember one issue with someone else's greylisting -- and that was because it was broken.

<csg>