Re: SMTP traffic control

2011-10-29 12:31:28
On 2011-10-28 13:49:49 -0700, Carl S. Gutekunst wrote:
That's the end-user visible part of the thought behind
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-atkins-smtp-traffic-control/
anyway.

I'd support that proposal. I might even implement it.

Unfortunately, the dominant conversation seems to be around an SMTP
response that only applies to greylisting.

Probably because excessive delays due to 4xx errors are most visible or
at least most annoying (the server could accept the mail, but it doesn't
want to!) with greylisting.

        hp

--
   _  | Peter J. Holzer    | Web 2.0 könnte man also auch übersetzen als
|_|_) | Sysadmin WSR       | "Netz der kleinen Geister".