RE: Putting requirements on volunteer tool developers (Was: Re: Daily Dose version 2 launched)

2007-11-07 06:04:10
I still haven't seen YOU offering to do anything to help.

And I don't see you asking me to help.

It seems you're saying that if I can't find the time to get
together a usability test panel before I tell people at large
about the new or updated tool I've put together, then I
shouldn't bother spending time doing any tools at all.

Do you really mean that?

No, that is not what I mean.

Judging from the many responses on this list, you are doing a
mass usability test on the entire user population. I assumed,
quite rightly it seems, that you didn't know about how it was
possible to do usability testing very cheaply and very effectively.
If you are not interested in this, then why make such a fuss?
Just ignore me and forget about it.

Frankly I have no idea what this whole tempest is about and
I don't know why you want to drag this onto the open list.

--Michael Dillon