RE: Daily Dose version 2 launched

2007-11-07 04:25:39
Michael Dillon wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you are the developer, not the set of
end users. In which case your personal preferences are not
relevant.

They are relevant in the sense that *I* decide what I want
to spend *my* time on.  I'm open to suggestions and good
ideas, but what gets implemented isn't decided by the
set of end users.

If you can provide a choice of two feeds, one using
RSS and one using ATOM, then why can't you also offer a
summary feed and a full content feed?

I might. What would you suggest including in these
feeds?

In other words, what to include/omit in the summary feed?
And what should the "full" content feed look like? (How
should the draft abstracts etc. be shown?)

<snip>
P.S. I thought this was part of the site redevelopment using
Django but perhaps I was mistaken.

It is not (and I'm actually using Perl instead of Django).

Best regards,
Pasi