Re: Comments on <draft-cooper-privacy-policy-01.txt>

2010-07-09 10:04:52
this privacy policy effort is not a means to put someone in the
spotlight because a mistake has been made.

what an amazing turn of argument.  there are communists in the state
department, i have their names on this sheet of paper which i will not
reveal.  -- joe mcarthy

as a researcher, a net op, and one involved in the ietf network, i took
it very seriously when you said ietf *network traffic* was measured and
stored for research.

And "yes" we have researchers looking into the traffic, people storing
all sorts of data, etc.
we do?  about our traffic on the ietf meeting network?  stuff other
the _ephemeral_ data the noc ops use to manage the network?
Yes, the IETF meeting network.
cites, please.
Remember the discussion about the RFID experiment, the location server
experiment

those are not network traffic

i am specifically concerned about the allegation that network traffic
was captured and stored.  either cite or retract.

randy, who thinks it is time to get back off this list