Re: IETF Meeting in South America

2013-05-23 23:11:33

On May 23, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Mark Nottingham <mnot(_at_)mnot(_dot_)net> wrote:

On 24/05/2013, at 9:06 AM, Fred Baker (fred) <fred(_at_)cisco(_dot_)com>
wrote:

I took the perspective that on our 40th meeting, we could have 1/40 in a
place that we had a few faithful participants that was well out of the way.

Does this imply that, if we have a meeting in South America, I'll need to
wait another 10 years before I fly less than 24 hours to get to an IETF
meeting?

Cheers from Melbourne,

That's a question for the IAOC. For the record, when IETF meetings are not in
North America, it's a similar duration trip for me. You're not alone. Like
Melinda (in Alaska), you're just an extreme case.