Re: Global Multistakeholder Meeting on the Future of Internet Governance

2013-11-19 14:39:42
Hi Brian,
At 11:08 19-11-2013, Brian E Carpenter wrote:
I'm not sure, given the origins and history of WSIS/WSIG (including the
WSIS session in Tunisia supported by the previous Tunisian regime), about
"most" being well-meaning. But never mind. I think there has actually been
one positive outcome of all the IGF blah-blah: a continued absence of
international treaties and regulations interfering with Internet technology
and deployment. Interference has occurred only on a national basis. What
we need is for this international non-interference to continue, even
post-Snowdenia.

I agree that it is better not to have regulations interfering with technology and deployment.

Multi-stakeholder meetings, if they serve to prolong the non-interference,
may be a price we have to pay. It's particularly important to underline

Yes.

Regards,
-sm