Re: Agenda, security, and monitoring

2014-02-01 21:22:28
On 2/1/2014 6:44 PM, Stephen Farrell wrote:
If someone wanted to propose using PGP or S/MIME (aka CMS) formats
to provide closer-to-end-to-end confidentiality protection for email
messages that covered most headers in a way that might get deployment
then I think that would not match your description. I do suspect
that that is not likely to happen.

1.  Very much not likely.

2. It's unrelated to the parts of such a service that appear to be the major barriers to large-scale use

3.  It's the wrong level of design discussion, at this stage.

If OTOH, we spent a lot of time debating email message origin
authentication then I fully agree with you that we'd just be
distracting ourselves pointlessly.

+1

d/

--