Re: Agenda, security, and monitoring

2014-02-02 19:19:04
On 2014-02-02 22:46, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
P.S.  I would **really** strongly suggest that people consider
experimenting with the OpenPGP smart card.  If you have a Lenovo
laptop which you configured with the extra $20 smartcard reader
option, it's amazingly convenient from a hardware usage standpoint,
and as I mentioned, I was amazed how little work I needed to do to
make my Debian laptop use it.

I want to point at the Youbikey that start to get some interesting
features. Many of you know Simon Josefsson that works with this, and
some even know Stina Ehrensvärd, nowadays living in northern CA.

<http://www.yubico.com/2012/12/yubikey-neo-openpgp/>

Seems you John triggered some interest in at least some sharing and
hacking of "interesting things" that (which I strongly support) makes us
who are "geeks" try the various new things that exists. And that way we
will as always in IETF hopefully bring more usable tools and features
into whatever systems we work with.

   Patrik