Re: Agenda, security, and monitoring

2014-02-03 15:44:10
On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Ted Lemon
<ted(_dot_)lemon(_at_)nominum(_dot_)com> wrote:

On Feb 3, 2014, at 2:03 PM, Dale R. Worley <worley(_at_)ariadne(_dot_)com>
wrote:
Unfortunately, "my bank, my doctor, my brokerage" have all implemented
confidential email, but they are horrible webmail systems.  That means
that a considerable amount of the benefit that will be obtainable from
confidential email is already being obtained, making it harder for
proper confidential email to gain acceptance in the market.

Actually it's not being obtained.   These systems work quite poorly, and
typically aren't all that secure.   I do not think they are widely used by
customers, because their usability is so bad.

They are not secure at present.

But there is considerable money available to make them secure.

--
Website: http://hallambaker.com/