Re: on recurring favourite locations for November IETF meetings

2014-11-11 12:30:14
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 12:23 PM, Andrew Sullivan
<ajs(_at_)anvilwalrusden(_dot_)com> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 06:51:38PM +0100, Loa Andersson wrote:
Why do we place our meetings at places where it takes ridiculously long
time to not have your visa approved on time!

Because we are meeting in a physical location on Earth, where there
are countries and sovereign governments, and we are not a government
activity, and our participants come from all over the world?

You know...  we could make it a cruise in the caribbean.  Attendees
could fly in to any of a fairly large number of countries, then take a
boat ride to the cruise ship on which the meeting is held.

Also, this is not remotely a realistic scenario, but it is an exercise
in thinking outside the box.  And the outside of the box is all
"ewwww", because cruise ships (ewwww).

Nico