DMARC stuff

2015-10-22 10:43:31
Totally the wrong thread, so I'll apologize profusely now.

Subject line changed.

GMail is set to turn on DMARC reject strict by sometime early next
year [1] being one of the last big web mail providers to do so; so,
Mailman "From:" rewriting (or turning on the ability for IETF list
subscribers to toggle this for their sends) might need to be done for
IETF lists.

Members of the DMARC group have submitted two drafts
draft-andersen-arc-00 and draft-jones-arc-usage-00 which describe a
mutation of DKIM intended to let mailing lists coexist with DMARC
without having to do ugly hacks like rewriting the From: line.  I have
reason to believe that several large mail systems intend to implement
this reasonably soon.

The obvious place to discuss this is the DMARC WG, not here.

R's,
John