Re: Google threatens to break Gmail

2015-10-23 14:21:53
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 9:57 AM, Russ Housley <housley(_at_)vigilsec(_dot_)com>
wrote:

It seems to me that DMARC re-writing is a more important feature for this
community.  I think we should drop support for the password messages and move
to a newer version.  I'd like the tools team to check this out, and then if
the newer version will not introduce other surprises, move to the newer
version.

+1

Rewriting From: at the mailing list level seems to be a simple fix (so
not DMARC checks will fire or they'll fire against ietf.org's DNS
records and presumably go through fine) and writing a Reply-To: from
the original sender should avoid default reply-all nastiness.

This may be in fact what newer versions of Mailman do... best, Joe