Re: [Nmh-workers] Features for 1.6

2013-10-18 23:59:34
1) grep.  ( I also want the base64, and quoted printable removed...)

We _do_ have pick, and it even decodes encoded headers now.

2) I think that mh-e uses the files directly, but I could be wrong.

I was under the vague impression that mh-e is doing some kind of MIME
parsing now ... I would think in this day and age it would have to.

3) active vs passive data.

Don't know what this means.

However, one thing does occur to me.  When working on replyfilter, I
discovered that a reasonable algorithm to detect what you're calling
format=fakeflowed is to look for quoted-printable text; if you find it,
then you generally can reflow it without any problems.

The only people I've found who this doesn't work for is Norm and Lyndon;
both of their emails have lines >78 characters, but they're not encoded
as q-p.  Norm, I understand why.  Lyndon, however, I'm puzzled about;
according to his headers he's using Apple Mail, and other people I get
Apple Mail messages from show up using quoted-printable (also, just
tested that myself; the messages are all q-p).  Something I don't quite
understand just yet.