Re: changing headers upon forwarding

2003-09-10 12:41:26
At 19:45 2003-09-10 +0200, Nikolaus Hiebaum wrote:
Until now I have been using the "classical" method:
:0 c
! name(_at_)account2(_dot_)com

The "classical" method as you call it is over simplified and prone to many failures - for instance, mail loops.

That's what I need to change. :) Can I modify the "Return-Path:" header
with formail?

Have you considered TRYING it? Check out the SANDBOX setup documented at the pages linked from my .sig

:0c
| formail -i "Return-Path: somewhere" | $SENDMAIL account2 -f account1

though of course, you should put in loop checking, but that's already been posted...