Re: Problem with the From part of my recipe

2003-09-10 15:19:34
At 15:07 2003-09-10 -0600, Linux wrote:
* ^From:.*(postmaster*|DAEMON*|Mail Delivery*|mail marshal*)

/dev/null/

Please explain the purpose of the trailing slash - /dev/null is a file, not a directory.

I am getting a match for the Subjects but it will not any matches from the
>From field.

It would really help if you offered an example From: header from a message which matched the other two conditions...

In the meantime, the trailing asterisk you seem to have on EVERY one of your condition substrings is inappropriate, seeing as it means "zero or more of the immediatley preceeding token", so "Mail delivery*" matches "Mail deliver" or "Mail delivery". What on earth could you possibly want that for?

As a rule, trailing wildcards are ONLY used for $MATCH constructs, and are wholly superfluous on other expressions.