Re: .forward issues

2003-10-22 08:26:14
On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 11:16:21PM +1300, Nick Phillips wrote:
| > I believe the correct way to address this is that receiving systems
| > which apply SPF checks need to take responsibility for accepting mail
| > from (non-SRS) accounts that forward to them.
|
| This is clearly completely impossible; there is no way the recipient can
| do this, as they cannot know in the general case who will be forwarding to
| them.

It's not entirely impossible; see

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200310/0053.html

http://archives.listbox.com/spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com/200310/0036.html

If by "who will be forwarding" you mean the original sender, yes; but if
you mean "the account with the .forward file", that can be scoped to
some degree of accuracy.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt