Re: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-20 21:47:14
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 09:37:48PM -0700, Justin Mason wrote:

| Actually, I agree -- I don't really care what the "spf-config"
| string is, but I agree that having a TXT record on the domain
| itself is not a good idea.

here's why i think it's the right tradeoff, even though it's not a good
idea.

i'm pretty sure some nameservers will barf if you do an underscore.

i'm thinking of old old bind and i'm thinking of windows nameservers.

and i'm pretty sure we need underscores so we avoid any possibility of
collision.

so, top-level txt.

besides, it's one less thing to explain to the suits tomorrow when i
present.  and adoption has to be primary.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt