Re: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-20 15:55:13
On Monday 20 October 2003 23:42, Roy Badami wrote:
Then how about a subdomain like "spf-conf"?  Even without the leading
hyphen or underscore that should have relatively low collision risk.

I'd prefer just to go for either a TXT record (with specified data,
obviously) or a new RR type.  In either case hostname rules are then
irrelevent.

Sorry, you've lost me here

The idea is:

4.3.2.1.spf-conf.domain.com   1D  IN  TXT spf=allow
                              1D  IN  MD  hostname
                              1D  IN  FOO bar

ie. Whatever RR we use, the zone it is held in doesn't contain the '_'

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt