Re: DNS RRtypes: changing PI

2003-10-20 16:03:59
On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 11:55:13PM +0100, Phil White wrote:
| The idea is:
|
| 4.3.2.1.spf-conf.domain.com   1D  IN  TXT spf=allow
|                               1D  IN  MD  hostname
|                               1D  IN  FOO bar
|
| ie. Whatever RR we use, the zone it is held in doesn't contain the '_'

the latest version of the draft has:

  domain.com IN TXT "v=spf1..."

with no prefix at all.

only LocalPart and PI mechanisms need subdomains at all.  i expect those
mechanisms to be implemented very, very rarely.

but i think it'll still be best to use an underscore.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt