Re: considering XML

2004-01-21 17:04:17
Le 04-01-21, à 15:40, Mark a écrit :
If we are talking about Microsoft -- and I have the nagging suspicion that we are -- then please ask them why their .NET platform, while it heavily relies on XML in general, also requires XML to be present in DNS records. :)

I guess you're right about the big player being Microsoft.

It's almost certain that we're talking about a corporation that has an XML parser allready included in their MUA and also has a reason not to write an SPF parser. There are not a lot of reasons not to write an SPF parser, one that would make sense would be to "prove" that XML is everywhere, like what Microsoft is trying to promote.

If we're talking about Microsoft, I understand that Meng Weng would want them to adopt SPF because it would assure SPF's future. With 95% of the desktop market, they can buldoze their standards. With Yahoo allready pushing their standard, it would be really bad for SPF if MS would come up with their own too. Even with this in mind, SPF in XML would really be a bad idea. On the other hand, I wouldn't mind renaming SPF to "Microsoft SPF" if that can make them adopt it! 8)

BTW, did you heared about the guy named Mike Rowe who started a company in Vancouver called "Mike Rowe Soft." hehehe 8)

Cheers,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr