Re: considering XML

2004-01-21 12:51:48
----- Original Message -----
From: "Wechsler" <wechsler(_at_)phase(_dot_)org>
To: <spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2004 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] considering XML

Meng Weng Wong wrote:

A significant stakeholder is in favour of using an XML encoding
for SPF.

How do you guys feel about that?

That looks like an incredibly effective way to needlessly
reduce readability and inflate the size of a record for no
gain other than buzzword-compliance.

I wholeheartedly concur. DNS in XML encoding?? What do you come up with
next?

Also, I am beginning to get worried. Over the last few days, one person
after the other seems to pop out with yet another brilliant idea to redesign
major parts of SPF from scratch. We should be focussing on getting SPF
adopted, and writing support tools for it, instead of starting each fresh
day with a new round of re-negotiating that which we already agreed upon
earlier.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---