Re: considering XML

2004-01-21 13:26:38
Meng Weng Wong wrote:
Ultimately I think it comes down to different cultures.  XML in DNS is
not acceptable to the culture that reads Slashdot, runs Linux, and
discusses standards openly on mailing lists.  XML in DNS is a brilliant
idea in the culture that controls the market for MUAs on the desktop and
redefines the technology landscape on a regular basis.

The question is, who's got more clout?

Considering that SPF is not designed to interact with MUAs, I would say this is a non-question. As far as "the culture that redefines the technologoy landscape on a regular basis" goes, which is the more stable system (in terms of longivity/continued use): the one that runs on servers and was designed by "those who dicuss standards openly on mailing lists" or the system that caters to users needs developing desktop applications? I've switched MUAs three times in the past year but we've been using the same, for example, DNS protocol for how long?

Andy Bakun