Re: will resistant MTAs be fronted with commercial antispam gateways?

2004-02-10 14:54:05
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 03:52:31PM -0500, Meng Weng Wong asserted:
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 02:49:47PM -0600, wayne wrote:

| To be honest, I think trying to push SPF into MTAs right now is doing
| far more harm than good.  It looks rushed, and that makes the
| conservative MTA folks feel even more nervous.

You're probably right.  But I want to be able to say *something* in my
Linux Journal article on "how to turn on SPF in your MTA" :)

If we get the patches for SPF *and* SRS stable and mature maybe the MTA
guys will be more receptive.

You didn't expect worldwide adoption this quickly did you?  I'm still running
beta
code on spare servers.  Have patience.  You can still write that article and
show
success.  I'd bet that a good portion of the world's decision makers still have
no
idea that SPF exists.  I'd even bet that a good number of SysAdmins are unaware.
In fact most of the Admins that I know for small companies are unaware of
anything
that does not come as a binary rpm from RedHat.

--

Bob Greene
Public key available at

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-20040209.txt