Re: will resistant MTAs be fronted with commercial antispam gateways?

2004-02-10 19:11:38
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, wayne wrote:

To be honest, I think trying to push SPF into MTAs right now is doing
far more harm than good.  It looks rushed, and that makes the
conservative MTA folks feel even more nervous.

I agree, especially since most MTAs have filtering mechanisms that can be
used to implement SPF *without* altering the MTA itself.

We need to encourage people to run these for a while.  When it becomes
obvious that they work and have no harmful effects, *then* we can push for
full integration.