Re: will resistant MTAs be fronted with commercial antispam gateways?

2004-02-10 14:04:07
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004, Meng Weng Wong wrote:

We've been trying to convince Unix MTA authors to incorporate SPF
support.  This effort has met with limited success.  This worries me
because down that road is a future where practical people just put a
commercial antispam email gateway in front of their Unix MTAs.

Nearly every person that I tell about SPF comes back with the same
statement:  "I don't like SPF because it breaks forwarding."  I respond
that SRS fixes that to which they respond, "where are the SRS patches?"

Now I realize that the number of people forwarding mail is dwarfed by the
number of people who aren't.  However, this still seems to the one issue
that people fixate on when I talk about SPF.

So, does anyone have patches for MTAs that implement SRS?

 - .\\

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/spf-draft-20040209.txt