Re: will resistant MTAs be fronted with commercial antispam gateways?

2004-02-10 16:54:14
Quoting Meng Weng Wong (mengwong(_at_)dumbo(_dot_)pobox(_dot_)com):
On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 04:03:37PM -0500, Jameel Akari wrote:

| Us early adopters needs something to adopt if it's every going to become
| mature enough for the mainstream.  You don't have to enable it by default
| in your MTA - that would be a bad idea.

Good suggestion.  Maybe the MTA distributors will put SPF+SRS in the
tarballs, but not turned on.  That'd be good enough for me.  We can
shoot for that.  I'll send my SPF thing to Wietse this week.

IIRC, Wietse said he will include your SPF policy daemon in the
next release.  That probably means in the snapshots also.

IMO, the policy interface is the proper place to implement SPF
checks, at least for now.  If people are not too keen on running
lots of policy daemons, I have a simple patch that will pass arbitrary
arguments to a policy daemon.  Multiple functions can be implemented
in one daemon and then called from restriction classes as needed.

SRS can be implemented in a transport.

John Capo