Re: Unified SPF - new I-D, example: achurch.org

2004-06-25 14:04:34
On 6/24/04 9:37 PM, Meng Weng Wong sent forth electrons to convey:

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 09:58:48AM +0900, Andrew Church wrote:
| | Then you must have had a nice provider. When I had an 8-IP block, I
| had a hell of a time (and was ultimately unsuccessful in) trying to get my
| ISP to either delegate reverse DNS to me or do rDNS for me.  I've since
| downgraded to 1 (static) IP, and now I at least have rDNS, though according
| to SORBS it "looks like a dynamic dialup address" and the ISP won't let me
| change it.

http://spf.pobox.com/slides/unified%20spf/0429.html

 Linux users on a broadband connection can solve the
 "MTAMark=no" problem by setting an SPF record on their HELO
domain name or MAIL FROM return-path.

Yup.  Church's problem is solved by Unified SPF.

On 6/21/04 7:58 PM, Matthew Elvey sent forth electrons to convey:

G.Connor said:

Excellent. All is well Now the trick will be to write this up as Yet Another Draft.

Who's likely to do that? Meng?

Didn't get an answer. SPF needs updating to include the checks Unified SPF will do.
Anyone working on it?
Meng, shall I give it a shot?  If so, should I use the latest draft from
http://spf.pobox.com/rfcs.html?