Re: SPF will solve spam and punish spammers

2004-07-23 15:49:24
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004, John Keown wrote:

We do out source email for as little as 19.95 per month. That includes
webmail, virus scanning, spam rating ( you  decide to delete by a rule or
store yourself)
and web access to add and delete users, alias and forwards and etc.

You can customize your web mail interface if you desire.

Yeah, but that isn't what we want.  We don't want spam rules, we
want bayesian.  We don't want no stinking virus scanning (no Windows).
We don't want webmail.  And having to logon to some web site just to
add a user or alias is a real pain.

For comparison, getting a Verisign certificate costs $900/yr.  Big corps

Is that for a secure certificate then someone is ripping you off.

Yes, it is a ripoff.  We didn't buy it.  We used our own CA for $0.

I am sure when you are done it cost you more than $240 a year to run your
own email server.

Yes, but $0 cash is involved.  Just my time.  I already had the computer
and internet connection.  Big corps may have cash lying around.  I don't.
Small businesses don't.