Re: SPF will solve spam and punish spammers

2004-07-23 15:01:24
Le vendredi 23 Juillet 2004 23:48, John Keown a écrit :

I am sure when you are done it cost you more than $240 a year to run your
own email server.

I repeat : Running an up-to-date, complete, anti-spam and anti-relay,
SPF-aware, etc, etc, mailserver, doesn't cost me a single penny.

Since I already have a computer and Internet connection, and I would have
anyway, with or without a mail server.

Well, it being a server, it probably costs me more electricity, because it's
up and running 24/7.

My Operating system, GNU/Linux, is free.

My MTA, Postfix, is free (and included in my GNU/LInux distribution)

My anti-spam tools (SpamAssassin, Vipul's Razor, DCC...) are free (and
included in my GNU/LInux distribution)

My supplementary anti-spam tools, well, I wrote them myself using free
programming languages and free specialized tools (such as procmail)

The SPF checking tools I use ? Well, they're free.

Some additional tools I plan to use or consider using ? Well, they're free.

And not only free as in "free beer", but also as in "free speech". Ihave
source code for them. I'm free to adapt them to my needs, improve them if I
need/can, debug them if needed, redistribute them to friends and relations...

My graphical environment (X11, KDE) is free, and my MUA (KMail) is free.

It only costs me time, not money. (quite much time actually, too much
according to my wife ;-)

(And when I need X.509 certs, I won't pay for them, I build them myself with
my own personal C.A.)

--
Michel Bouissou <michel(_at_)bouissou(_dot_)net> OpenPGP ID 0xDDE8AC6E