RE: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-16 17:14:20
For these systems to work, the sender must be the one to pay, unless it is
free.

After all, when you go to a web site that uses certificates, they pay, not
you.  But it is your client that does the lookup.

If the receiver must pay, then it must be free!!!!

I too receive much more email than I send.

Make that 102!

Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of Greg
Wooledge
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 8:07 PM
To: spf-discuss(_at_)v2(_dot_)listbox(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [spf-discuss] Good Domain List one step closer to reality
(actually two steps)

guy (pobox(_at_)watkins-home(_dot_)com) wrote:

A reputation system and/or certificate system that has a cost that is
based
on usage seems fine.  Free for the first 100 lookups per day, then the
cost
goes up from there.  Yahoo, HotMail, gmail, ISPs and others would pay
more.

Most home users and small businesses would have no problems with 100 or
less
per day.

I seem to get about 100 messages a day from this mailing list alone!

(Whoops, make that 101 now.)

greg(_at_)wooledge(_dot_)org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |

http://www.InboxEvent.com/?s=d --- Inbox Event Nov 17-19 in Atlanta features
SPF and Sender ID.