Re: Good Domain List one step closer to reality (actually two steps)

2004-08-16 11:40:28
jpinkerton wrote:

c) Reputation service owners.
This will looks like a robbery - "Pay us, or your mail will not be
delivered". Once your rating will decrease you will be proposed
to pay a bribe to revert it back to 100%

Well put. It really sounds like racketeering on a global scale.

Wrong entirely. The reputation service is not _owned_ by anyone,
it's open source, you put it on your server and use the service.

Uh-uh; and I guess I will not have to pay anyone those $300 a year then
either, right? The reputation service just "happens" to be in cahoots with
Verisign, who just "happens" to make billions of dollars overnight ($300
times each domain, times each year). Just to "defray" the cost, huh?

Bottom line: open source or not, you will be extorted to pay up, each year.
Like the good mobster paying you a visit each week for "protection",
Verisign will collect, or send one of their goons to reck your business
(read: blacklist you/not whitelist you), until you cough up the dough again.

Frankly, I am appalled at the alarming lack of resistence against these
proposals.

- Mark

        System Administrator Asarian-host.org

---