Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-18 09:10:37
Hello!

On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:46:37AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
[...]

Remark about (amongst others) SPF:
`` Many have described the email authentication systems as promoting a
   policy that says email is "spam unless proven otherwise."  ''

That is in fact what Meng is promoting.

And while I might not have much say in here or in other standardization
bodies, I still agree with Paul Graham: false negatives are an
opimtization criterion; false positives are a bug.

[...]

Kind regards,

Hannah.