RE: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 01:59:20
I think you just refuse to understand.

The domain owner is setting the policy.  Your domain will not allow you to
do what you want to do.  It is not your option.  Who owns the domain?  Who
"authorized" you?  The only way to "authorize" you is to fix the spf
records.  Only the domain owner can do that.  And the domain owner is smart
enough to NOT allow you to do that.  So, they did good.

And yes, if you borrow a friend's cell phone, you can't forge you own phone
number.  You must make the call using his number.  Unless you use a smart
card, but that was not your point.

Kiosk owners can't "authorize" you to use a domain they don't own!  If so,
can they "authorize" me to take money out of your bank account?

Your domain should have webmail access.  Or get a Google gmail account!  I
can send you an invite if you need one!  Just ask.  I use gmail when away
from home.  They allow you to change the reply to address (or similar).  I
also forward everything to my gmail account.  So I have access to all of my
email from my gmail account.  It also acts as an off site backup if my email
system gets hosed.

You are wasting this group's time, so please drop this issue unless you are
willing to learn something.

Guy