Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-19 06:13:58

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

Actually, you can. There are some interesting commercial services now that
will forge CallerID for you on a call-by-call basis. I haven't investigated
the details, but it's just a digital signal sent between the first few rings
of the telephone.

The raido talk shows are having a blast with this.

And it is worth noting that virtually nobody except bill collectors and scam artists (I think talk shows that want to fake out famous people fall under the last) think Caller-ID forging is a _GOOD_ thing. Count on it being made illegal and/or technically impossible _very soon_.

--
Benjamin Franz