Re: Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) Article On Anti-Spam Technologies Mentions SPF

2004-11-18 09:59:04
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 17:23:10 +0100, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
  I get the feeling you think false positives are possible with SPF.

As has happened to me several times over the last few weeks, I needed to use
machines and networks that were not in my regular set. This meant using MTAs
that were not in my regular set.  Some were public kiosks and some were
friend's pc's, where I set the rfc2822.From field to be my address.

All of the messages from those situations would be assessed an "unauthorized"
and therefore would be falsely rejected.

d/
--
Dave Crocker
Brandenburg InternetWorking