RE: Dealing with SPF problems

2005-04-04 16:40:01
I don't know five Blockbuster customers who care enough about SPF to rent
somewhere else.  In fact, I don't know one who even knows what SPF is.

Trying to change the world has zero chance of success.  Changing email
protocols is a long shot, but one I'm willing to spend some time on.

Not that hard, just need to give example :

- Many mails received in my domains are invalid and already marked by
spamassasin because of .... Whathewer ....

Right now I'm using SPF :
- fail is fail -> rejected
- pass ->       -1 spamassasin score
- softfail ->   +4 spamassasin score
- neutral ->    +2 spamassasin score

When any mail is rejected I always can explain (4 is marked as SPAM, 8 is
rejected)
- you have invalid .... (headers, content, body ...., also invalid SPF). If
you want to decrease score by 3 made one valid (terminated with -all) SPF
definition.

80% admins accept this always, they just don't know before it "wtf is spf
???" ;)

I hope you all understeand what want to say, my english is realy .... Let's
say bad ;)