Re: Dealing with SPF problems

2005-04-04 20:08:38
If you apply pass --> -3: Spammers who implement SPF can then use their published SPF to try to get past your other spamassassin rule weights.

Move it towards rejection for a failure (indicating probably forgery), but moving it to less rejection based solely on SPF Pass: Bad idea.

I think you would be best advised to use SPF PASS to then apply the domain to reputation listings (which I believe there are no real good ones yet, but hope to be corrected :)

Terry

dejanspf(_at_)ztbclan(_dot_)com wrote:

Sorry, this is bad definition, I have problem to balance some other mechanism which afect indirectly spamassasin, to explain better should be :

pass     ->  -3 spamassasin score
softfail ->  +2 spamassasin score
neutral  ->  0 spamassasin score

- fail is fail -> rejected
- pass ->    -1 spamassasin score
- softfail ->        +4 spamassasin score
- neutral -> +2 spamassasin score

But please don't give a bad score for NEUTRAL.  It's supposed to be
just
like no SPF at all.

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf

Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085

Read the whitepaper!  http://spf.pobox.com/whitepaper.pdf