Re: website beta testers

2005-06-11 09:46:55
wayne wrote:
In <42A95F92(_dot_)9020605(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx> Koen Martens
<spf(_at_)metro(_dot_)cx> writes:

1. Change the text on http://spf.schlitt.net/contact_us.html, making
clear that it is not pobox processing the questions entered in the box,
but that there is a team of community volunteers. (example i posted
months ago)

Until recently, I have been explicitly ignoring all website requests
because I wanted to focus on the SPF I-D.  If you could, please point
me to this post.

Ouch, where is the archive. This is ancient :)

Let me just rewrite what i sent earlier:

Here is the current text:

If you are a company or organization interested in learning more about
SPF consulting services, please fill out the form below. Pobox.com
represents the SPF community in customer-facing transactions; someone
will contact you within 1 business day.

You can also enter a request for support with the form below. Your
request will be entered in the spf help ticket system, and will be
handled by a team of volunteers who are knowledgable on SPF in
particular and email in general. This form is meant for questions about
publishing, implementations for your mail server and questions about how
to integrate SPF with your mail server.
=======================================

If someone wants to add to that, feel free..

2. remove ' SMTP + SPF Sender Policy Framework an essential part of
Sender ID '

Agreed.

We should, however, probably do something to explain the relationship
somewhere so that when MS says that "SenderID supersedes SPF", we have
an official response.

Wasn't there at some point an official position on senderid by the spf
community? Is that still current?

3. Clear up the background reading section, make it clear that there is
only _one_ specification and which one this is

yes.

4. maybe longer term, but i'd like a page that shows mail servers, and
whether there is an spf implementation for that..

I think there already is a page for that.

Ok, this might be a layout issue then, disregard it..

5. make it clear on the why.html page that it is not a testing page, but
an error reporting page..

Hmmm...  good point.

And perhaps some links to actual testing tools.

Koen