Re: [spf-council] Re: [spf-discuss] SPF council: new elections or disolve?

2005-11-11 11:25:45
I thought after defining SPF v1 the council would proceed to define SPF v (next e.g. 3?)

Terry

wayne wrote:
In <x4fyqfp155(_dot_)fsf(_at_)footbone(_dot_)schlitt(_dot_)net> wayne
<wayne(_at_)schlitt(_dot_)net> writes:

The Council decided, quite arbitrarily, that the terms should be for
one year, which would end at the end of the month.  That means we need
to either hold new elections ASAP, or decide to disolve the SPF
Council.

Ok, some people have expressed interest in holding new elections, but
nothing has happened.  I figure it will take a week (minimum) to
organize the elections, collect nominations, set up the voting, etc,
and another week to do the voting.  We have three weeks before the end
of the 1 year term.

So, if nothing is happening with an election a week from today, I'll
try to get the SPF council organized enough to officially disolve it.

Again, I think we have done what we really needed to do.  I don't
think it is good for a standard to keep changing, I think SPF is in a
good position now to settle down and just be used.  Maybe sometime in
the future, we can come back and try to make some updates to it.  I
think there are quite a few things that we could do.  Maybe we will
need a quasi-formal organization to do that, I'm not sure.

But, anyway, I guess this is a call for volunteers:  If you want to
see the SPF council continue, you will need to do it.

-wayne

Terry Fielder
terry(_at_)greatgulfhomes(_dot_)com
Associate Director Software Development and Deployment
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes
Fax: (416) 441-9085