Re: [spf-discuss] Re: Better approach to the forwarder problem

2007-01-12 03:35:35
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 11:12:40PM -0800, Michael Deutschmann wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jan 2007, Frank Ellermann wrote:
JFTR - Dick wrote "reporting the forwarded spam to SpamCop (which can
also wreak havoc)".  The _can_ is important, it's possible to get this
right with SC's "mailhost configuration" system.  And in that case you
could try "education" before your choice (a).  Probably you know this,
and it's clear that your scenario is AOL's reporting system, not SC's.

One idea to bring some "end-user education" into the picture, is to also
include in the extension an extra "I'm forwarder X, has recipient Y
whitelisted me?" probe command.

Then a forwarder afraid of the IP-blacklist-training effect could ask Spamcop
or AOL for an all-clear before submitting a stream of mail that might not be
100% ham but must be 100% delivered.  If no clearance is received, then the
forwarder can simply tell the end-user "sorry, we can't enable it until you
do such-and-such at your control panel for the inner mailbox.".

seems like an excellent idea, but how to get it started ?

Regards,
Paddy