Re: Re[2]: [spf-discuss] back to Reclassifying Sender ID and SPF as Historic - was: New SPF Council

2009-01-23 21:36:38
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:29:53 -0600 Don Lee
<spfdiscuss(_at_)caution(_dot_)icompute(_dot_)com> wrote:
From my POV, we should push for the SPF RR, but recognize that the TXT
records are going to be required in any usable implementations for
a very long time.

What makes you think "very long time" will be less than forever?

Until a receiver can check just type SPF and not type TXT, there's a
substantial disadvantage for receivers to check both.  Until receivers
check type SPF there's no motivation to go to the added trouble to publish
two sets of records.

Until someone figures out how to break this catch 22, type SPF deployment
will stay where it is, nil.

Scott K