Re: reply etiquette

2004-09-30 01:10:09

At 16:26 29/09/2004, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
Paul Smith writes:
I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that if someone sent a message to the list, that they are on the list!

A week or three ago I built KDE on my freebsd machine at work. "portinstall -Rr kde". The build failed and the error message directed me to send mail to kde(_at_)freebsd(_dot_)org(_dot_) That was the first time I'd heard of that address.

Don't google. Tell me: Is kde(_at_)freebsd(_dot_)org a list or not?

I sent a patch; can't remember receiving any reply. Perhaps there was one, but the sender was, ah, courteous enough to remove my address.

If the list was set up properly, you would have received a message from the list saying that you need to subscribe to the list in order to post to it - otherwise you're inviting spammers in!

Paul                            VPOP3 - Internet Email Server/Gateway
support(_at_)pscs(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk                     http://www.pscs.co.uk/