Re: [Asrg] definition of spam (was Re: consent expression)

2003-03-05 06:52:20
Any consent has to be given from the receipient to the sender,
and should be non-transferable and revokable at any time.

no, that's clearly unworkable.

Could you be a bit more specific ?

sigh.  I could, but it's probably just a rathole.

any mechanism has problems and limitations.  I don't think we're going
to find any single mechanism, or even type of mechanism, that satisfies
everyone.  nor do I think it's in scope for this group to try do so.

and at least for the time being I suspect we're better off just trying
to list different mechanisms, and maybe to classify them, than to try to
argue about which of them are better or worse.

so we should put your suggestion on the list along with all the others,
and defer the question of whether any of them is workable.

Keith