Re: [Asrg] definition of spam (was Re: consent expression)

2003-03-05 10:39:45
Keith Moore wrote:
Any consent has to be given from the receipient to the sender,
and should be non-transferable and revokable at any time.

no, that's clearly unworkable.

Could you be a bit more specific ?

sigh.  I could, but it's probably just a rathole.

I hope not ;-)

any mechanism has problems and limitations.  I don't think we're going
to find any single mechanism, or even type of mechanism, that satisfies
everyone.  nor do I think it's in scope for this group to try do so.

I don't think, for consent per-se, that we have to find a single mechanism or classes of mechanism that works all the time everywhere. But at the conceptual level, being able to express and enforce _somehow_:

  Any consent has to be given from the receipient to the sender,
  and should be non-transferable and revokable at any time.

is critical.

Anything else just means you'll be spammed to death. Or e-mail dies. Or both.