Re: [Asrg] definition of spam (was Re: consent expression)

2003-03-06 07:07:09

So Keith's concerns about the impact of Chris's definition of consent
aren't particularly justified if we look at consent as the law defines it,

well, it's not clear to me what the charter means, and I don't have any
reason to believe that they had this particular context in mind when they
wrote it.

also, it's not that I inherently object to defining consent in one way or
another, but I do think that a system that effectively required prior consent
to send mail, and enforced it, would be unfortunate if whatver solution we
came up with did not provide more flexibility than that.

I also don't believe in treating one-to-many email differently than one-to-one
email, because it's the content of the email that the recipient cares about
rather than the number of recipients.

Keith