Re: [Asrg] definition of spam (was Re: consent expression)

2003-03-05 12:02:37
Keith Moore <moore(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> wrote:
well, I'm uneasy with the term "consent" anyway.  but part of the problem
may be that I don't know what the charter means by that.

  I agree completely.  The charter is unclear to me, and I'm not sure
it's even addressing the real issue (as I see it.)

  Some questions:

- Did an ISP consent to have their router/proxy hacked, and used to
  source/relay spam?

- did everyone else on the net consent to accept email from that
  router/proxy?

- why is this sort of behaviour permitted in SMTP?

  Alan DeKok.